Friday, January 18, 2013

Happenings.

Seriously, I've had this blog how long now and I can't remember to use it?  *sigh*  Oh well.  I guess this day is as good as any to get back on track. 

Well, my last post was chock full of pictures of my growing belly and my barely two year old.  Boy oh boy how things have changed.  I gave birth to my sweet bundle of joy, Miss G, in June.  (I know, I know....it's January.  I've been a little busy raising kids.  lol)  Going from one kiddo to two was a huge obstacle for me to overcome.  In fact, I'm still trying to figure it all out!  ha!  Miss G was just a shock to me because she is SO much different than her big sister.  Breastfeeding was a challenge with Miss P just because she was sooooooo lazy and didn't want to take time to learn how to latch.  I had to MAKE her learn.  LOL!  The lactation consultant I was using called her a "gourmet" eater because she took her time...at least 30-45 minutes per session.  Miss G, on the other hand, was labeled as a "barracuda" eater.  Five to ten minute sessions and she wants to nurse constantly throughout the day if I am home.  I thought I wasn't making enough milk, but boy was I wrong.  I have plenty.  Grossed out yet?  Good.  LOL!

Fast forward to now.  We've been having fun with both of the girls, but getting a steady routine down with two completely different children has been challenging.  Miss P has always been a great eater and sleeper.  I say a great eater....psh....nowadays all she wants is chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, "cranoda" bars, string cheese, anything with 2047384758 grams of sugar in it.....and oh, and any kind of frozen berry.  She asks for these things CONSTANTLY and will not give up until she gets it.  Raising a toddler is soooooo much fun!  (<------sarcasm nbsp="nbsp">It has been tough, but with the help of Mr. Spoon and our handy dandy time out chair, I think we're paving the way to the land of children who mind and don't talk back.  We shall see!!!!  We have a wonderful nanny who always tells me that Miss P will let her know when naptime is and she will proceed to go and put herself in bed and go to sleep on her own.  I have yet to witness this and I seriously think she is lying.  (LOL....j/k Brit!)  Miss P is hilarious, though.  I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would have such a crazy child and I love her so much! 

Miss G.  Ohhhh Miss G.  She's my crazy baby.  She just turned 7 months old and is already wanting to stand up and walk.  A little over a month ago I was at our changing table wiping Miss P's butt (that's another story for another blog) and I had sat Miss G down in her crib.  I then heard her sweet little laugh, so I turned around to see what she was laughing at.  She had pulled herself up and was standing for the first time.   Yay!  I was excited.  She actually stood before she could crawl well.  Now she does both and does them often.  She is starting to crawl fast and will follow me all over the house.  With Miss P we had baby gates and got rid of them after we didn't need them anymore.  I'm not sure what we're going to do with Miss G, but for now she is roaming free!  Miss P slept through the night at 7 weeks and Miss G has no signs of sleeping through the night in my near future.  That's okay though, because I am enjoying having her this small and I am also enjoying the funny, crazy, ignoring, loving, and tender moments I get from Miss P.  Being a momma is not easy and I'm sure every momma will agree, but it is most definitely the most rewarding job I've ever had. 

That's all for now.  Hope everyone is having a terrific Friday!  Hopefully I remember to update soon!  haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment